. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Fourth of July

July 9, 2017

Fourth of July


We had such a wonderful fourth of July weekend.  I loved that it fell on a Tuesday because Chris got Monday and Tuesday off, which I of course loved!  The weekend was maybe one of our busiest yet, and I may have been completely peopled out by the end, but it was so fun. 


Saturday we went to my niece's birthday party at the lake by their house.  Addi tried her paddleboard and was so cute.  She loves anything to do with water and could play there for hours! 


Sunday we played at a beach and ate lunch at a restaurant right on the lake, and then went on a friend's boat for a little bit.  The kids loved it.  Addi thought going fast was the best and Isaac loved how windy it got.  I even tried tubing, which I didn't really love it and felt old but we had so much fun! That night we went to a friends for a BBQ and all the kids played outside. That friends group doesn't get together with all our families too often and it made me really happy to have all the kids playing together.


Monday afternoon we swam in our neighbors pool, went to Culver's for dinner and then to a friends for the fireworks.  We debated a bunch about whether or not to bring Isaac but ended up all going.  Addi was so excited about seeing them, and was so fun to watch.  She couldn't stop jumping up and down and hugging her friend and it was adorable.  Isaac did pretty well until the last ten minutes.  I won't mention how we sat in the car without moving for a full hour when it was over.  I am still working on blocking that out of my memory.


Our town as the cutest little parade on the fourth.  Perhaps the smallest parade ever.  Even the tow truck and garage truck are included to make it a decent length, but it is perfect.  The kids get a ton of candy and it isn't crowded or lasting forever!  We saw both of Addi's preschool teachers in the parade and they ran right over to her and gave her a hug and it made my day. We go to my sisters house for donuts beforehand and walk to the parade.  Such a fun tradition!


Tuesday afternoon we went to my sister's for a BBQ with our families.  The kids played in the pool and we sat outside.  The weather was just about perfect all weekend long.  It was busy and super exhausting and we definitely paid for it with Isaac's lack of sleep the next few days.  But I'm so happy we said yes to all those things and had a whole lot of great memories.  What a great summer weekend! 



Image Map

1 comments:

Laura Darling said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Ugh post-fireworks traffic is the worst! Glad you had a good time other than that!